Successful applicants will join our Hong Kong based R&D team to participate in design and characterization of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) as well as development of novel applications using PIC technology.
- Responsible for simulation, design, and characterization of PICs
- Work with internal and external teams of various disciplines to deliver the design
- Participate in development of patent applications
- Occasional traveling is required
- Master or Ph.D. in Electronic Engineering or Physics or equivalent discipline
- 2 year of relevant working experiences
- Familiar with the principle of optics and semiconductor physics
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in an international team
- Deep knowledge of optical waveguide devices
- Solid understanding of the fabrication process of photonic integration
- Knowledgeable in both simulating, design, and testing PICs
- Proficient in computer programming languages such as MATLAB and Python
- Candidate with more experience may be considered as senior/principal engineer
- Deep knowledge of physics in optical devices (e.g. of optical waveguide devices, modulators, photodetectors, optical amplifiers, and lasers) and their use in subsystems and systems
- Hands-on experience with commercial photonic simulation and modeling tools (e.g., mode solvers, EME, FDTD), photonic design and layout software (e.g., Cadence Virtuoso, Luceda IPKISS, Tanner L-Edit, Synopsys OptoDesigner), and photonic characterization equipment and techniques
- Practical experience in PIC design and tape-out processes
- Experience of fabricating photonic components and PICs using hands-on cleanroom processing
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume, your availability to report duty and quote the Job Ref.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for consideration of an application only.
Until this position is filled. Resumes received will strictly be used for recruitment-related purpose.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org