Cloud Light Technology Limited (“Cloud Light”) designs, markets, and manufactures advanced optical modules for datacenter interconnect and optical sensors for automotive applications.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Cloud Light was founded in 2018 as a spin-off from TDK Corporation. It has facilities strategically located in the region, including research and development centers in Hong Kong and Taiwan, andstate-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Southern China, and in South East Asia.
Cloud Light has a solid technical foundation with 100+ filed patents and is supported by a strong multicultural research and development team with 16+ years of optical product design and manufacturing experience.
Our development team is composed of >30% PhD and >50% master’s degree holders in optoelectronics, material science, photonics integration and manufacturing technologies. Our technology experts push the technology envelope while maintaining perspective with manufacturing and quality demands.
Cloud Light is a young start-up with over 16 years of experience in the field. We are committed to delivering innovative, high-quality photonic solutions in a rapidly evolving global market.
Dr. Dennis TONG
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, UCLA
- Former faculty of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- 20 years of experience in optotelectronics including R&D, product development, and technical marketing at Bell Labs, Tellium and SAE Magnetics
Dr. Thomas LIU
Chief Operating Officer
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
- 20+ years of experience in optical industry including R&D, Engineering and Operation
- VP Global Operation at O-NET, CEO at Hisense Broadband, PCL, and Senior Manager at SAE Magnetics
Mr. Eddie CHAN
Chief Financial Officer
- Certified Public Accountant of The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- BBA in Accounting and Finance from the University of Hong Kong
- 20 years of experience in financial management, corporate finance, IPO, merger and acquisitions, and auditing
- Chief financial officer and financial advisor at various HK listed companies, including Vice President, Finance of CITIC Resources, and was Manager at Deloitte.
Dr. Vincent HUNG
Co-Founder and VP of Technology
- Ph.D in Information Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- 15 years of experience in optoelectronics R&D and product development at ASTRI, Firecomms, and SAE Magnetics for optical data transmission and sensing applications.
- Inventor with more than 50 granted patents and applications
Mr. Peter Tang
Co-founder and VP of Operation
- Industry veteran with +30 years of operation and supply chain management experience in SAE Magnetics, Hisense Broadband and other optoelectronics companies
Mr. Danny LIN
Co-founder and VP of Manufacturing Engineering
- Bachelor in Electronic Engineering in Taiwan
- 15 years of experience in manufacturing engineering and process and equipment development in many optoelectronics packaging
- Key roles at Gigacomm and SAE Magnetics
Mr. Matt DAVIS
VP of Sales & Marketing
- B.S. in EE, Oregon State University
- 20 years of experience in optoelectronics product design, applications, and technical sales
- Key roles at Qorvo, TE Connectivity, and Hisense
Mr. Infinity HUANG
VP of Product Management
- Master in Electronic Engineering, National Taiwan University
- 21 years of experiences in fiber optics communications industry, including product design from photodiode chip to transceiver, NPI, and product line management in Hisense, SAE Magnetics and Gigacomm
Mr. Victor KAO
VP of Project Engineering
- B.Sc. in Physics, Soochow University
- 20 years of experience in optoelectronics industry including engineering , operations and automations
- Senior Director at O-NET, Deputy GM at Hisense Broadband, and Senior Manager at SAE Magnetics